Compassionate care for kids, teens and young adults
The goal of mental health counseling is to gently assist in acknowledging and removing the mental and emotional roadblocks to a successful, happy and productive life. It may not be apparent when children are experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, self-harm, or suicidal thoughts. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to watch for these warning signs:
- Changes in eating, or sleeping patterns
- Lack of interest in activities they use to enjoy
- Use of recreational drugs and alcohol, or an increase in use
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Preferring to be alone
- Increase use of technology (TV/phone)
- Talking about feeling depressed, anxious, or stressed
You don't have to wait until your child is in dire need to seek counseling. Counseling can be a safe space for young clients to learn more about how their emotions work, and break down distressing moments or patterns. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to assist in facilitating counseling sessions for their children or loved ones.
Salveo therapists are committed to providing compassionate, evidence-based behavioral health care to the younger members of our community and their families. Meeting clients where they are emotionally, providers help each individual to discover their best self and best life.